Saturday, March 15, 2008

Why are you writing a wine blog?

Leil, why are you writing a wine blog?

Well that's an excellent rhetorical question, self. Here's why: I know some things about wine. I'd never claim to know everything, and truth be told, there are even some basics that I have trouble with. I can never remember which bank is which in Bordeaux, and if you named a Burgundian appellation, I'd have trouble telling you whether it was Cote de Beaune or Cote D'or. That being said, I do know some stuff, and I'm always trying to learn more, so this here's my wine blog. The areas about which I know most are Italian and American, and I'm working on beefing up my knowledge of French and Spanish wines. I'll put things that I know on here in the hopes that it helps people who want to learn about wine, and if there's something you thing I should know about, please feel free to post comments. I'll also post tasting notes on here of wines I'm drinking. I do work in a wine store, so most of the wines I'm tasting will be wines I'm selling, but I will do my best to be even-handed with my tasting notes, and not just try to sell stuff.

Thanks, and cheers.
Leil

No comments: