Saturday, October 17, 2009

Au revoir, Mas Carlot!


Hellooooo, Paris. Haven't had much to report the last few days as far as work is concerned. Mostly just moving wines around, pulling the ones that had finished malo off their lees and putting them into clean cuves. It's been bitter cold in Bellegarde thanks to the Mistral, which can take a day that's just a bit cool and make it utterly freezing. Wore 2 sweaters and a scarf to work most days this week.
Thursday night I drove back to Mouries to say goodbye to the Cartier family, and have dinner with them and their importer.
Friday night I finally got to make dinner for Cyril and Nathalie, unfortunately with all the cleaning and packing I was doing I ended up pressed for time, and the potatoes came out under-cooked. Dammit.
I've been wearing all the same clothes for nearly 2 months now, and most of the stuff I brought with me was stuff I knew I was going to get wine all over anyway, so I gave a bunch of my clothes and my boots away to one of the Moroccans, who seemed pretty excited about it. Despite getting rid of some clothes my bags are still too full though. I think it's all the wine and salt.
Anyway, now I'm in Paris and I'd love to stay here blogging all day, but I've got some touristy crap to do!

No comments: