Sunday, September 27, 2009

Paella!


Went to Guiot yesterday for the end of harvest paella party. Paella is a traditional dish in this area, and it's typically made with a combination of seafood; fish, mussels, shrimp, etc, as well as chicken, rabbit, and sometimes sausage.
We had a great meal outside, with plenty of Guiot rose. After eating we played petonk, which is the French version of bocce ball. It's played with one small ball, which is tossed about 5 meters from the players, and each player has two larger balls, and the goal is to be closest to the little ball. It's a fun game, although I did have to serve as the official smack-talk translator between the Australians and the Frenchmen, which is no easy task.
I got lost on the way home because it was dark, and the road I'd come in on was one-way, so it ended up taking me twice as long as it should have to get home, but I made it.

No comments: